Mike and I decided to give the no-budget web series another shot. Our first effort at producing a web series based on our experiences with Name Change Pending was a real learning experience. What did we learn?
- Have complete control of your work product
- Have complete control of your locations
- Keep your cast small
- Write simple scenes with fewer than 4 actors per shot
- Control the equipment
- look through the viewfinder for every shot
- Get good sound, or better
- Find a good editor, or be prepared to become one
Those are highlights of what we’ve learned. We’re forging on with better scripts, a tighter reign of production elements, and a song in our hearts.